What to include in your Wedding Day Emergency Kit
Last week, I spoke about my Top 5 Tips on Getting Ready on the Wedding Day and I mentioned some things you should include in my highly recommended Wedding Day Emergency Kit. This kit has saved my couples many times over and although you may dread carrying an extra item during your wedding day, it is one that could potentially save you from the “running around like crazy because I forgot something” kind of disaster.
Since my couples receive a Wedding Experience Magazine that includes this invaluable tip, they are well prepared. Like Elle, who’s July beach wedding was on a hot day. Elle, being her awesome self, made little baskets of “First Aid” kit to give away to her family.
Believe me when I tell you, it does save the day many times. If it doesn’t, at least you’ll have a Honeymoon Emergency kit!
Here are the top things you should have in your Emergency Wedding Day Kit.
Wedding Day Emergency Kit
- Lipstick and lip gloss – especially if it doesn’t come included with your make up service
- Mints and/or mint gum
- Stain stick like Tide to Go
- Fabric tape – just in case anything wants to pop out!
- Lint brush
- Safety pins
- Tylenol or aspirin
- Allergy medicine (Benadryl etc)
- Sewing kit
- Krazy Glue
- Corsage pins
- Sunblock (if outdoor wedding)
- Deodorant (somebody is going to need it!)
- Clear nail polish for stocking runs
- Extra earring backs
- Straws (to avoid messing lipsticks)
- Baby wipes
- Snack foods (trail mix, granola bars, fruits, etc.)
- Bobby pins
- Eye drops
- Nail clippers / emery boards
- Wet Ones
- Dental floss
- White chalk (Covers stains on bride’s dress)
- Fabric softener sheets (for static cling)
- Tampons &/or panty liners
- Small Scissors
- Black socks (your groomsmen may forget!)
- Hair Spray
- Extra shirt buttons and cuff links (2-3 pairs)
- Shoe polish
- First Aid Kit (small one with bandaids, alcohol pads and antibiotic)
- Extra Handkerchiefs – Because nobody looks pretty drying their tears with a tissue paper. It can also leave pieces of paper on your makeup
With all these essentials, you will never be unprepared!
Do not forget to check out the next Series below:
Sharing is Loving